In today’s newsletter –
- How to purchase official livestock ear tags online
- FA and other news
How to purchase official livestock ear tags online
The Meat Board of Namibia (FANMeat office) issued the following guidelines how to purchase official livestock ear tags online:
“Official livestock ear tags can be ordered online directly with the Meat Board of Namibia or ordered with ear tag agents (Agra outlets south of the Veterinary Cordon Fence, Summerdown Shop and Otjozondjupa Feed). For online orders, the following procedure must be followed:
- Complete Form 20 (Application to purchase Approved Devices) as per the Animal Identification Regulations (Animal Health Act 1 of 2011);
- This form must be signed by the owner of the livestock to be valid;
- Clearly indicate the number and type of ear tags applied for on Form 20;
- Proceed with payment for ear tags via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into the following Bank Account:
MEAT BOARD CORPORATE ACCOUNT
ACC NUMBER: 622 424 146 47
BRANCH CODE: 281872
REFERENCE NUMBER: STOCK BRAND OR FAN MEAT NUMBER FOR WHAT TAGS ARE PURCHASED
- Price for ear tags on 14/04/2020:
- Cattle tags: – Standard Set N$22.00
- Large Set N$25.00
- Small stock tags: N$3.65 per set
- E-mail completed and signed Form 20 together with supporting documents to:
- Supporting documents are: Proof of payment with reference number, Certified copy of ID of owner of livestock, Certified copy of Stock Brand Certificate or card and in the case of Closed Corporations, Trust Funds or Companies, Certified copy of Founding Statements
- Clearly indicate contact number and address to which tags should be sent on e-mail order.
- Orders will only be processed once payment is reflected in the Meat Board bank account.
- Producers will be contacted by the Ear Tag division once orders are processed.
- For urgent inquiries, contact Johan Engelbrecht at 081 122 4917”.
This week in Landbou Journal you can look forward to the following –
- Piet Gouws gives a good perspective about wild animals coming to the farm and also tells more about legislation and regulations
- The Dorper farmer, Thomas van Zyl talks to us about his choices and farming
- The popular Alani Janeke of Landbou Weekblad gives us a short version of the content of the magazine
Landbou Journal, each Saturday at 6 o’clock in the morning and a re-broadcast on Wednesday evenings at 8. For any enquiries and contributions send a sms to 1023 with the code LANDBOU. Channel 7 can be heard on DSTV Channel 825 or on the website’s tube. Older programmes can be found under Potgooi on our website at k7.com.na.
FA and other news
The re-organisation meeting of Dordabis FA which should have taken place on 23 April at 14:00 has been postponed to 9 July 2020. For further details contact Christine Romeis, Tel 061 231230, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westelike Khomas FA is holding a meeting on 27 May at 15:00 at the Harmonie FA hall. Further details from Mrs Amanda Greeff, Tel 081 2596108, email@example.com.
During the Stampriet Show this year which will be held from 31 August to 4 September a Ladies Show will be offered where women can enter various categories and a winner, second and third place will be announced. The categories are the following: Part 1 Baking (ginger cookies); Part 2 Needlework (sleeping socks for an elderly woman); Part 3 Photography (a nature scene in colour); Part 4 Painting (cheese plate painted); Part 5 small succulent garden (small succulent garden with 5 different types succulents) and Part 6 “Fight bad plastic” (shopping bag with preferable washable material made with a sowing machine). All articles must be delivered to the Stampriet FA hall by 30 August before 10:00. For further details contact Isna Kotze, Tel 081 6952911) firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2020 NAU AgriBraai will be hosted on 4 & 5 September at the Mariental show grounds. With the theme “Camp fire legends” we want to ensure that the focus in 2020 is placed on persons who build a rich tradition in the farming community. 2020 marks the 40th anniversary of the NAU AgriBraai as well as the 90th anniversary of the Uhlenhorst FA, the winners of the 2019 competition and hosts this year. More information about this day will follow in due course. For any enquiries please contact Hoekus van Niekerk, Tel 081 2944676, email@example.com or Corrine van Wyk, Tel 081 3582299, firstname.lastname@example.org.